Friends of The Nyack Library
News from the Friends
We Need You! Join the Friends of the Nyack Library Today!
Why? Because your participation will strengthen the library/community connection and help provide services to better fulfill your needs.
Accomplishments for 2013:
- Funding of Museum Passes (added in 2013): Frick Museum, Storm King Art Center, Paley Center for Media, Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum, NY Historical Society Museum
- Funding of programs for adults, teens and children
- Printing of The Bookend and framing of Bill Batson’s sketches
- Helping the Library go green by providing polypropylene bags to replace plastic
- Expansion of the Book Nook – An ongoing book sale located on the lower level of the Library next to the Computer Resource Center.
Like to volunteer? We are always looking for adults to help with the book sale (setting up and moving books onto tables, selling books and gift items, putting up and disbursing flyers in the community, sorting out the donations by subject), as well as straightening out shelves in the Book Nook, sitting at a table to promote the Friends and library services, and library advocacy. Contact the Friends at email@example.com and let us know how you’d like to help.
- Friday, March 21 at 6:30 pm - Annual Friends of the Nyack Library meeting with guest author Peter Danish featuring his new book The Tenor, a sweeping tale of historical fiction, opera and more. Autographed copies of his book will be available for purchase. Find out the what, where, how and why of our non-profit group.
- Sunday, April 13 from 12 noon to 4:00 pm – Book & Bake Sale –Visit The Nyack Library table at the Street Fair.
Then make your way to the Community Meeting Room for more treats!
Thanks for your support! Hope to see you soon at The Nyack Library! Don’t have a library card? It’s free and will allow you to explore the arts, education, technology, jobs, recreation and much more. Want to become a member of the Friends of The Nyack Library? Go to nyacklibrary.org/friends for information.
The Friends are always looking for new members. Support the Library and your community by becoming a member. Annual dues are $15 for individual memberships and $25 for family/joint memberships. Please make checks out to Friends of The Nyack Library. You can mail or drop off your dues to The Nyack Library, 59 South Broadway, Nyack, NY 10960.
|The "Book Nook" has a wide assortment of books and media available for purchase at reasonable prices: $1 hardcovers, 50 cents for paperbacks, 25 cents for children's books and media as marked. All the proceeds benefit the Library. Please come and visit the Library's ongoing book sale located on the Lower Level of the Library adjacent to the Computer Resource Center.
The Friends of the Nyack Library are volunteers who love books and who appreciate the role of the library. In sharing our love of books and understanding the vital part the library plays in the community, our goal is to reach out in a variety ways to enhance library services.
Annual membership dues are $15 for individual and $25 for family/joint
Checks made out to Friends of the Nyack Library, c/o Nyack Library, 59 South Broadway, Nyack, NY 10960
Some of the contributions to the Nyack Library from The Friends of The Nyack Library include:
-The Ruth Easter collection of books for the Children's Room
-Restoration of historic maps and paintings
-Purchase of equipment, including the new ScanPro digital microfilm reader/scanner
-Museum passes available to Nyack and Valley Cottage patrons.